Essential Things to Know About Joomla Blog Modules
Joomla is the second largest and globally acclaimed content management system, making it the biggest rival of WordPress. You can create a blog, design it creatively, and work seamlessly with all its recent updates.
The amazing range of templates and extensions can make your blog stand out among the rest. It can help you to maintain your website as per the standard of google analytics consultation and get a good search engine ranking. Here are the essential things that you need to know about Joomla blogging module and how you work to make it unique:
K2 Blog Extension:
K2 extension has turned out to be one of the most popular Joomla blogging tools. It saves you money and lets you set up a fully functioning blog. This extension helps in bringing Joomla to the level of WordPress and Drupal's websites. The key features of K2 include:
- It is relatively easy to be used even for non-techies.
- You can create templates as per your choice and categorize them as well.
- You can create separate logins for different authors.
- There is enough room for customization of content tags and arrangements.
The zoo is more than a blogging platform. It let you create a catalog system since it comes with eight built-in apps that facilitate the process. It includes everything you need, such as item manager, media manager, tag and comment system, template manager, custom posts options, editing, frontend submission, and element library. Its more features are:
You can create many things such as a cookbook, product catalogs, business directory, documentation site, a movie database, and much more.
- It generates slugs automatically.
- There are several built-in templates.
- You can show related posts.
- You can receive a direct notification via email.
- Images can be automatically resized and cached.
- Comments can be blacklisted.
- Since it's a premium version, you will have to purchase it, but it will be worth it!
This one is another famous Joomla extension that is being extensively used by the blogger these days. Its innovative features are what makes it popular. Here is what you need to know about its key features:
- It has a timeline and easy to use layout.
- It allows you to integrate Facebook and Twitter, which means your posts will be automatically shared on both platforms.
- It has a neat and organized dashboard, thus, making it easy to maintain your website.
- Allows you to publish content from frontend.
- Multiple blog authors can be created easily.
- Allows your audience to comment on your posts.
- You can create different user groups that allow your user to submit their posts on your platform.
- Buying an RS extension gives you an RS comments extension for free, which allows your audience to comment on your posts.
CJBlog is a very useful Joomla extension that is available for free in the market. It is a complete social blogging package for the users. The best part is, it can store all articles as standard Joomla articles and even if you uninstall the extension, all your content will remain saved. Its key features are:
- Users can add the article in the queue for reading in the future.
- You can reward your users with a point to keep them engaged with your website.
- CJ's advanced tags system lets you tag your articles.
- You can even get quick feedback from a user by adding a star rating to an article.
This is another very unique and premium Joomla extension. Its drag and drop feature lets people create their block without any technical ambiguities. You can make your post more interesting by experimenting with the layout. Features that make this one interesting include:
- It lets you pinpoint your location on Google.
- You can embed your post on so many platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Spotify, SoundCloud, Twitter, etc.
- It has a well-managed media manager.
- It is fully responsive.
- Image captions can be added to each caption to make it more interesting.
To Sum it up!
Joomla provides you with a lot of features and extensions that can make your blog creation a lot easier and up to the current standard of the digital world. All you need is to make the right pick when it comes to extensions.